NinjaManager Forums
View Poll Results: Would you like these events to take place?
Yes (Post why) 11 23.91%
No (Post why) 13 28.26%
Yes if it is well organized and I have to do little work 20 43.48%
Not sure would like more info (please post what you would like to know more of) 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Valuke

Default Question to the people!

If an organized and constructed tournament, was held in the NM forums, how many of you would are interested and what would you like to see? Somethings that are being looked at for sure are, Sig of the week, Character creation, guess the person of the day, Poem of the week, Avatar of the week, Picture of the week, Joke of the day, Short story of the week, Story of the month, and if people are getting into it a prolonged event that is a point system.

The prolonged event will be a contest to see who can recieve the most points by a set date. Points are given as such: 1 point for a post, 2 points for a post a mod or "Ref" finds funny, 3 points if the post is deemed deep or meaningful. Just like there is a way for gaining points losing points is also a possibility. -1 and a warning for posts deemed as spam, -2 for second spaming and second warning, -3 for third spam and a 48 hour suspension of posting. Of course these rules are all up for change since these possibly upcoming events are not for the mods or "refs" but for the people.

The people make the boards so why not make a game for the people? These are ideas are to spark life into the forums and maybe even pull in some NM'ers into the forum. Of course for every competition there are (dramatic pause) rewards! Rewards can range from Ryo, one full recharge of energy, a personal selection of an artwork for a character(like how deidara was but YOU get to pick), exclusive in-game character, your chance for your art work to represent the greatest game NM!

If you do like this idea and would like it to become a reality please post what you think. Do not forget to post what kind of events you would like to see what would make this better? I can not stress it enought to ask that if you do like this post that you like it and VOTE! If the people like it and you guys are interested it will become a reality! Thanks for reading don't forget to vote and comment what you think.

Sig of the Week
Very self explanatory. One post a week of a sig you have created. Judges should be changed and not always judging so different flavors or types of sigs win. A compilation in one thread of past winners would be very neat. Sub-categories include Naruto relations (take place every week), Any other anime (1st week), Best overall sig (once a month possibly 3rd week)

It will be the same as the sigs really there is no difference. The only thing I could see that would be different is that we could add a twist to it everytime like making the people having to incorporate the color green in it or something to make it challenging.

Stories
This would be broken down into short story of the week and story of the month. Possibly even story of the quarter where it would be every 3 months if someone wrote a really long one. Short stories would be broken into fan fiction, free writing and, theme of the week where the contestants have to write a story about a the given items from the judges or whoever tells them the theme. Story of the month would be broken into fan fiction, free writing. prolong story would also be like story of the month.

Joke of the week
I think this would have to be a later added on project since some jokes get a little touchy. I definitly think there should be two classes Jokes you would tell your mother (unless she was a sailor jk) and jokes you wouldn't tell your mother. I think with this category there would have to be a 1st 2nd 3rd to make it easier on the judges.

Best Naruto Jutsu of the Week
When I heard of this I thought it was a really good idea. It is going to be were someone would post an idea of a jutsu they have and say what it does and its draw backs etc. Categories would break down into Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Taijutsu and elemental jutsu. I think people will really like this especially if they are not great with photoshop or something. I think the judges should put into account the fact of the name's originality, how balance is the move and awesomness level haha.

Character Creation
This competition should be situational, meaning it is not week by week but rather whenever you have free time and are thinking about adding a character. Just let the bulls lose (us) and let them submit characters they want in who aren't and best gets to go in.

Poem of the week
So a lot of people do not like to spend time doing art or writing full out stories so they express the selves through poetry. Poetry I don't think needs to be broken down but maybe there is long and short poetry.

Those are some of the contests I think we can do easily and efficiently to start this up now I was wondering how do people get ingame prizes if they win?

-Valuke

Power to the People, NO Power is the People

Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!

Head over here to post what you want in the new NM contests http://www.ninjamanager.net/showthre...2389#post82389

Last edited by Valuke; 06-25-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Valuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
dmrmetallica
WolvesWithPie

I say yes cause i feel it would be both good for the game and for the forums. I would be willing to help with anything as i would probably no compete in these events since i cant make characters or sigs.
dmrmetallica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
Valuke

And if you have any ideas for contest please do post them and message me them.

Head over here to post what you want in the new NM contests http://www.ninjamanager.net/showthre...2389#post82389
Old 06-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
crossfire2

I want to get some more info right now.How much ryo we could exactly win for winning those forum tournaments?
crossfire2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #5
Valuke

It would depend on how much Udon deems neccessary. Also the prizes will be solidified as soon as we get enough people interested and willing to participate. :)

Old 06-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #6
thndrkiss
?????

1) I am not "people" i am a Ninja but however i've said yes. its sound good too me...

Thanks Amad2 for siggy
thndrkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
crossfire2

Well i choosed NO!Why?Because come on!I guess tons of people will want to participate!And for avatar of week?Just look how much people are signed on forum!Members list says that there is 2860 signed people!So how the heck it could be checked?!
crossfire2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #8
Valuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfire2 View Post
Well i choosed NO!Why?Because come on!I guess tons of people will want to participate!And for avatar of week?Just look how much people are signed on forum!Members list says that there is 2860 signed people!So how the heck it could be checked?!
I don't get what your complaining about? No because people will be more active? And what do you mean checked?

Old 06-23-2010, 02:36 PM   #9
sakura
dark side kunoichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfire2 View Post

I voted yes, but I can see your point, there are alot of people who on the forums so that should be taken into consideration. Maybe it could just be divided into catagories or something, to increase the chance of winning. But i love this idea, then the ladder won't be the only way to win stuff. The ladder can be quite tedious, although it has its rewards xD

S T R O N G E R - .:DARK SIDE CLAN:. - B R A V E R

LIFE IS B R I E F, SO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EVERYTHING IT GIVES YOU
sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #10
Valuke

Of course there would be sub-categories because I think it is to much to have one judge or set of judges to judge all of the sigs because it is hard to be completly objective and not show your bias. So sub-categories would be made and not all prizes would be huge like ingame. The week ones im not sure maybe but more like hall of fame and receiving ryo im not sure how much though.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #11
Gozilla
Deidara Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndrkiss View Post
1) I am not "people" i am a Ninja but however i've said yes. its sound good too me...
me too. :P

I U NinjaManager.com!
Gozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #12
shawnonline
Fuck You Luna!

choose door number three of course
Old 06-24-2010, 07:18 PM   #13
dmrmetallica
WolvesWithPie

I will be putting my ideas for competitions here as i think of them
Each Of these will have a seperate group of judges that wont be involved in anything but judging for that catagory.

Signature Competition :
1) Best naruto Based Sig - Once a Week
2) Best other Anime Based sig - Once a Month (1st week of month)
3) Best Animated Sig - Once everyother week (2nd and 4th week of month)
4) Best Overal sig - Once a Month (3rd week of month)
5) Most creative Sig
6) Best Team Sig

Avatar Competition : (same as the 1st 5 above)

Character Competition :

1) best FNG / FNJ / FNK idea (both with picture and Stats)
2) Best Summon idea ( maybe even a FS (forbidden Summon))
3) New starter Ninja ideas
4) New normal Ninja idea

To prevent that same person from wining every single one we can make it so you can only join one of these a week from each catagory for example if we have a Naruto Based sig and Overall best sig the same week you can only be apart of one of them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok now for none artistic ones.

1) Joke of the Week/Month
2) Funny picture of the Week/Month
3) Best idea of the week (as an addition to the game maybe like new mission to expand or make better then World Map)
4) Song of the Week - Ok so for this idea i was thinking we make a topic of the week like fiesta, Haunted, Funny something like that and people will find and post songs that have that theme and the judges will choose which they think is the best.
5) Story of the week - It can be anything that you want. it can be anime based like a naruto story or anything i guess.
6) Best Naruto Jutsu idea - This can have different catagories such as
1) Best elemental Jutsu
2) Best Ninjustsu
3) Best Taijutsu
4) Best Genjutsu
This can be both as the name of the jutsu and what it does. Ofcourse it cant be overpowered it needs to have its plus and minuses just like all jutsus.

Id like some opinions on how these ideas sound.

Last edited by dmrmetallica; 06-24-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:52 PM   #14
Valuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrmetallica View Post
I will be putting my ideas for competitions here as i think of them
Each Of these will have a seperate group of judges that wont be involved in anything but judging for that catagory.

Signature Competition :
1) Best naruto Based Sig - Once a Week
2) Best other Anime Based sig - Once a Month (1st week of month)
3) Best Animated Sig - Once everyother week (2nd and 4th week of month)
4) Best Overal sig - Once a Month (3rd week of month)
5) Most creative Sig
6) Best Team Sig

Avatar Competition : (same as the 1st 5 above)

Character Competition :

1) best FNG / FNJ / FNK idea (both with picture and Stats)
2) Best Summon idea ( maybe even a FS (forbidden Summon))
3) New starter Ninja ideas
4) New normal Ninja idea

To prevent that same person from wining every single one we can make it so you can only join one of these a week from each catagory for example if we have a Naruto Based sig and Overall best sig the same week you can only be apart of one of them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok now for none artistic ones.

1) Joke of the Week/Month
2) Funny picture of the Week/Month
3) Best idea of the week (as an addition to the game maybe like new mission to expand or make better then World Map)
4) Song of the Week - Ok so for this idea i was thinking we make a topic of the week like fiesta, Haunted, Funny something like that and people will find and post songs that have that theme and the judges will choose which they think is the best.
5) Story of the week - It can be anything that you want. it can be anime based like a naruto story or anything i guess.
6) Best Naruto Jutsu idea - This can have different catagories such as
1) Best elemental Jutsu
2) Best Ninjustsu
3) Best Taijutsu
4) Best Genjutsu
This can be both as the name of the jutsu and what it does. Ofcourse it cant be overpowered it needs to have its plus and minuses just like all jutsus.

Id like some opinions on how these ideas sound.
These are awesome I talked about some of them already but some I have not. I am compiling a list on paper then typing it up to make it good. These will be on my list but I am not sure on best suggestion. Maybe not for the week but just if there is a good idea then it should be rewarded.

Keep the comments coming guys i need as much feedback to start this thing up. Remember its for you guys but it also needs you guys!

Old 06-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #15
Valuke

So the possible contests have been narrowed down to on the main page check it out what do you guys think?

Old 06-25-2010, 09:53 PM   #16
dmrmetallica
WolvesWithPie

the ideas look good to me. good job.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #17
bigbigbigfrog

This is SOTW all over again. This will go strong for a couple of weeks and die out just like that

And with so many catagories its going to be realy hard to manage all the entries and votings :(

If your going to go forward with it just pick 1 or 2 topics and focus on them cos having 20 topics which give 100 ryo a win [if you do give a ryo prize] it will make some ppl very pissed off

"Anything is hot with enough chillies" Kuroi Tsuki

Last edited by bigbigbigfrog; 06-25-2010 at 10:42 PM.
bigbigbigfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:10 AM   #18
Valuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbigbigfrog View Post
This is SOTW all over again. This will go strong for a couple of weeks and die out just like that

And with so many catagories its going to be realy hard to manage all the entries and votings :(

If your going to go forward with it just pick 1 or 2 topics and focus on them cos having 20 topics which give 100 ryo a win [if you do give a ryo prize] it will make some ppl very pissed off
I see what your saying and that is why I am taking these precautions and posting it up to make sure people are into it and of course it is going to ease in and then grow. The Greatest Oak tree started as a seed from a gentle hand. So basicaly we have to start slow and easy and then watch it grow into hopefully a huge oak tree.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:15 AM   #19
antonyredeemed
"The Tensai"

an occasional "Guess What" thread would be fun. for eg; Guess what is the countdown is for - 1 guess per person.